Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Washington

I recently purchased a house and later found out that there is a high unpaid water bill resulting in a pending lien and water shutoff. My closing contract clearly states that funds will be held from the seller for payment of utilities, but the tilte company did not do this or even request a payoff amount from the utility listed on the 22W. Does this make the title company responsible? They are claiming that funds were not held due to the transaction being a short sale, but the contract reads otherwise. I was not informed of any deviation from the contract. What can I do to get this addressed?

Asked on 8/23/12, 10:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kevin Britt Law Office of Kevin L. Britt, P.S.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Sue the seller for breach of contract.

Read more
Answered on 8/24/12, 11:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Washington

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now