Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Washington


As the owner of a paid for piece of real estate, why are no certificates of title available as in a car? I have nothing on paper except a notice that the loan is paid off, and am concerned about my heirs not being able to prove it after i die.( my car title is in the safety deposit box)

Asked on 9/26/05, 4:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Vasquez In Pacta, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Title

You'll need to speak with the mortgage and title company and get a full reconveyance from the mortgage company to you. This is document needed to show that the mortgage has been paid in full.

Read more
Answered on 9/26/05, 8:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Washington

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now