Legal Question in Family Law in Wisconsin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

My daughter needs to know if her ex-boyfriend, who has 4 Operating a Vehicle While Intoxicated charges, had a domestic abuse filed against him 4 years ago, is an alcoholic, is not supposed to be drinking, but my daughter said he still is, could get half custody of their 3 year old daughter?

She wants physical custody of her, and for her ex supervised visitation. Do you think this is possible?

Richard Missimer Missimer Law, S.C.

There is no term physical custody in Wisconsin it is call Placement.

Primary placement is always a option, she would ask for it and then make a case for it.

Supervised is more often granted with sex offenders or other cases where the parent has mental defects. So, I would say probably not likely, but you can always ask.

Custody is for decision making. The state presumes Joint unless a case is made regarding domestic abuse. Then it is still ordered with limitations.

You will probably need a good attorney to have a chance of getting what you want.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Wisconsin