Wyoming  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/02/11, 9:07 pm

My daughter and her boyfriend have split and have two children together. They were never married. Neither of them can get a job that pays anything where they currently live. Can she move out of state with the boys to find a better job? Her boyfriend does everything he can to keep her in town. He says she cannot leave because he says the years they were together constitute common-law marriage. I don't even know if Wyoming recognizes common-law marriage. They currently work out their work schedules so they don't have to pay for day care, but she is REALLY limiting her earnings.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search