Legal Question in Immigration Law in Texas

If I am on a H-1 visa and I marry someone who has a permanent resident green card will I in return be granted a greencard, if so what is the time frame and process

Asked on 6/29/12, 9:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ajay Arora Ajay K. Arora, Attorney-at-Law, P.C.


An immigrant petition in the F2A category will be filed by your spouse when you are married:

You should continue to maintain nonimmigrant visa status in the U.S. until the priority date is current, allowing you to file an adjustment of status application. You can contact our immigration law firm during business hours at 212-268-3580, or email [email protected] if you have any questions.

Read more
Answered on 6/29/12, 9:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Texas