Legal Question in Administrative Law in India

Sir, the official furniture viz : sofa, centre table, ACs etc. were taken to his home by the officer or his use since he was not entitled for. Since he was harassing me on one pretext or the other so i made his complaint to his higher authority. No action was taken but the officer made up his opinion to punish me. He in connivance with the store incharge, he ordered to return the room heaters allotted to all the officers. I also accorded compliance but the officer issued me chargesheet that the room heater was not returned by me from the office but was brought from home to handover. My representation and my reply was considered and filed. Without giving me any opportunity to be heard in person as requested by me in my reply and without allowing me to see the stock to show the heater i returned with special mark on it was over looked.My two increments for 2 years were ordered to be stopped. I have faced the brunt. Now the officer has relinquished the charge and has taken with him an official briefcase with him. The next to officer holding his charge wrote him a letter to return the same so that his dues may be cleared and he did so after a month or so. How should i represent my case since the officer who charged me in-animosity being biased since he himself has committed the grave negligance deliberately.

Asked on 9/26/13, 5:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

You go to Office to do office work, and not pull one another's legs saying he did this and he did that. Undertaking / Company's assets are provided to employees in Office and their residence / quarters based on Grades, in order to facilitate an employee's performance on the job. If you did not have ample policy evidence against the Officer to justify the complaint you initiated against him / her, you have unnecessarily antagonized the Officer and in the bargain invited trouble for yourself, going by the fact that your two increments were stopped. If this Department action on you of stopping two increments, is post an inquiry having been conducted by the Department in the matter, you should quietly ignore and but the issue behind you and forget about it. If not, you may escalate the matter to the Personnel & Adminstration Department for their information and intervention to resolve the matter and do justice based on actual facts.


Read more
Answered on 9/27/13, 3:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Administrative Law questions and answers in India