Legal Question in Business Law in Canada

Once I liquidate the assets and file form 17 (Articles of Dissolution) with Corporations Canada, how do I go about letting the CRA know to close the corporations tax accounts? CAn that all be done through the company's accountant?

Asked on 11/08/18, 6:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ronald Davidovic Law Ofc of Ronald Davidovic - 1-844-TRIALLAW

When closing your business there are a few things you will need to do, namely; notifying Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), filing a final tax return, paying any outstanding tax amounts, and financing your succession planning.

You need to complete certain Canada Revenue Agency forms relating to payroll, GST/HST, and corporate income tax.

CRA has the forms here:

And yes, a qualified accountant can help you with these forms.

Read more
Answered on 11/09/18, 4:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Canada