Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in India

A legal and recorded village pathway is encroached by someone. he grabbed the land of the said pathway and now constructing building on the path. Ushers of the pathway are blocked in the locality as the path is the only exit-entrance of them.

Sub-Divisional Exe Magistrate's 144 order violated by them.

what should we do?

Asked on 7/14/13, 6:58 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

The Sub-Divisional Executive Magistrate's ruling is in keeping with the Central Government Act - Section 144 in The Indian Penal Code, 1860 which reads :

144. Joining unlawful assembly armed with deadly weapon.-- Whoever, being armed with any deadly weapon, or with anything which, used as a weapon of offence, is likely to cause death, is a member of an unlawful assembly, and shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine, or with both.

You should seek the assistance and intervention of the District Tehsildar and local Police to resolve the matter and file the petition for Court order violation against the accused.


Read more
Answered on 7/14/13, 9:57 am

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]

You may approach the Magistrate who may depute the police for appropriate legal action.

Read more
Answered on 7/14/13, 10:17 am
KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi

an appropriate legal action can be taken for violation of orders.

thanks and regards

Adv. Rajiv

Read more
Answered on 7/14/13, 10:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in India