Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in India

I am a married women. My father has expired. What is my right on my father's property

Asked on 8/19/13, 11:30 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Madam,

If your father has left behind a Will naming the beneficiary(ies) to his "estate" (comprising immoveable and moveable property) the transfer of title of the property in the name of the beneficiary(ies) takes place by the Executor named in the Will, obtaining a probate on his Will from the Court.

If your father has died intestate (without making a Will) then his entire "estate" vests in your mother and the title of all his property has to be transferred in her name. You and / or your sister(s) or brother(s) have legal rights on your father's property, only after both your parents cease to exist.


Read more
Answered on 8/19/13, 11:41 pm

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]

You are a Class-I legal heir having equal rights with other legal heirs, if any, in Class I category.

Read more
Answered on 8/20/13, 11:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in India