Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in India

Respected sir/madam, I am from Hyderabad.

Our building is just 2 year old, due to construction fault, water leaking from terrace slab/walls

Below reasons why society is denying to repair:

1. Terrace isn’t common area. Is this right?

2. Since it’s only 2 years it’s builder responsibility to repair(reason why we want repair now is the dispute with builder will go for years and by then damage would be a lot inside our flats). Can society stop repair based on this?

3. Also bcoz of pending issues(Cellar water leak, water coming from cellar bulb holder etc) which society claim as severe(but no action taken in 2 years) All top floor owners moved in from last 5 months only.

We worry abt rainy season, few rains going to damage wall and can lead to electric shock if I am not wrong, as water passes thru walls.

We are willing to pay 1 lakh and later recover from monthly maintenance. Society is not agreeing to that too

Sir/madam, please advise.

Asked on 6/21/23, 10:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

you may approach consumer court against the builder for desired reliefs.

Read more
Answered on 6/30/23, 2:18 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in India