Legal Question in Criminal Law in India

I have a criminal case in Jaipur. I live in Kolkata. It is at the stage of "Hearing arguments on Charge". How can I know the name of APP representing me and how can I get in touch with him/her?

Asked on 9/01/22, 10:19 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

You have to engage an Advocate in Jaipur, who will update you. You may also read the orders on the court website and find out who is appearing from the other side. However let me warn you that being an accused in a criminal matter you are not supposed to get in touch with the APP or PP etc. I think if you approach the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India in a transfer petition u/s 406 of CrPC, you may be able to get the case transferred to Kolkatta, but the ground for transfer should be substantial.

Read more
Answered on 9/07/22, 12:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India