Legal Question in Criminal Law in India

My father is irresponsible. From past 28 years of my life, i have seen him taking money either from his father or some other relative to take care of our household. Now that i am adult, he has become more irresponsible and making dependency on my income. He still asking money from people and now i am paying off to people out from my income. I have told him that my income is not very adequate but i showed no interest in misery. Even burdening my mother and my college going sister. Often times, out of anger he tortures my mother and me emotionally. My mother has been suffering this since marriage.

Please guide me if any legal action can be taken on this.

Asked on 11/04/22, 1:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

If he is unemployed and has any disability then your family members should discuss the matter with him amicably amongst yourselves. In case you all are not able to handle the matter, please refer the matter to the National/State Commission for women in your city/town/area, or register an online complaint on their Portal. In case you are still not satisfied with their counselling at the family centers, only then thereafter, initiate legal action for that matter.

Please remember that the matter is sensitive and has to be dealt with very courteously and politely. Please inform all concerned in that regard in advance.

Read more
Answered on 11/10/22, 10:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India