Legal Question in Criminal Law in Canada

Hey my name is cherise Davis and I'm in a bit of a panic. Me and my boyfriend ex boyfriend now got charged last year for trafficking. He took the blame was his and our brake wasnt good. Anyways long story short I lost my court papers becouse I had to move from my last address and lost court papers but becouse.of this virus I thought I had til the june 6 to go to trail. My ex told me I have a warrent out for my arrest aparently he put it all on me. Cops came to my house told me they cant arrest me but to give myself in. What do I do need a free lawyer need advice pls

Asked on 5/28/20, 7:20 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Ronald Davidovic Law Ofc of Ronald Davidovic - 1-844-TRIALLAW

Hi Cherise, first I wouldn't recommend using your full name in a post in which you discuss anything having to do with an open criminal case or investigation. The only person to discuss your case with should be your lawyer. If you cannot afford a lawyer, you may be eligible for criminal legal aid services if you are an "economically disadvantaged person charged with serious and/or complex criminal offences and facing the likelihood of incarceration."

I'm not sure where you are located or I would give you better contact information, but there is a list of Legal Aid contacts by province here:

Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 5/28/20, 8:22 am
Kenneth Golish Golish, Kenneth W.

Cherise: It would helpful if you say what province you are in. For now, the courts are not conducting business as usual. It is probable that if you are arrested or turn yourself in, you will be released on conditions. You should call a local lawyer who will at least give you advice over the telephone for free. You may very well qualify for legal aid too.

Read more
Answered on 5/28/20, 8:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Canada