Legal Question in Criminal Law in India

If a movable property is given to a person to keep it in his safe custody,and he misplaces or sales it.does it amount to criminal breach of trust under section405 of ipc if not what is the persons liability

Asked on 7/18/13, 5:40 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]

Depending upon the contract between the parties, you may be entitled to demand return of the property and on refusal, file a suit for recovery. Every misplacement / sale / refusal to return may not amount to criminal breach of trust.

Read more
Answered on 7/18/13, 6:26 am

KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi

depends upon the power of attorney issued in favor of the custodian.

thanks and regards

Adv. Rajiv

Read more
Answered on 7/18/13, 9:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India