Legal Question in Education Law in India

I was given three increments by my institute ( engineering college)for my excellent performance. in January 2009. In October 2010 institute implemented 6th pay recommendations. at that time these three increments were not considered by the institute. is it legal. what can I do to get it rectified?

Shah ([email protected])

Asked on 8/08/13, 4:25 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Hasmukh,

The 6th Pay Commission recommendations apply prospectively and not retrospectively. It means your basic pay as on October, 2010 will be considered as the base for further increments. If the college has not considered revisions to your basic salary from January, 2009 till October, 2010, they have erred, and you should write to the Principal of your college to rectify the error.


Read more
Answered on 8/08/13, 9:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Education Law questions and answers in India