Legal Question in Family Law in Pakistan

My case falls within the ambit of Christian Marriage and Divorce where my wife is seeking Judicial Separation since November, 1210 but recently the family court has declined in granting her Judicial separation as she could not prove her case. But on contrary, the court has fixed an exorbitent amount of maintenance of two minor children to be paid by me since institution of the case and decree passed in her favour. Accordingly, my wife has lodged execution of the said decree passed against me (in the same family court) amounting to Rs.2,90,000/- to be paid in lumpsum and in absence thereof consequences of arrest and property attachments etc.

On the other hand, a decree amounting to Rs.14,58,456/- has also been passed in favour of me and against my wife who willfully grabbed this amount from my personal Bank A/C (being a Bank Manager) which is now pending in another court of law for want final orders for recovery proceedings. The counsel of my wife is trying to avoid further proceedings of the court for one pretext or the other and even not attending the court on fixed dates and just lingering/avoiding execution process finally.

I need a comprehensive reply in accordance with law ... whether there is any precedent or authority on this issue when both the decrees in hand are standing in paralle what course of action need to be done by both the civil courts to deal with both the decrees executable within the same umbrella or it would be dealth separately. What law of the land says in resolving this issue.


Zafar Iqbal Masih

Asked on 7/09/13, 9:49 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Salman Khan International Lawyer

its not a family court issue.. contact [email protected] for more..


Read more
Answered on 7/10/13, 5:15 am

Adnan Bashir A B Choudry Law Firm

plz let us know,

either the court in both cases is same or different ?

cause of action in both cases accrued from same events?


you can get court's order to pay your money in installment.

you can make the execution proceeding faster by showing your vigilance.

remaining part of the consultation rests upon the file/record.

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 7/10/13, 8:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pakistan