Legal Question in Family Law in Pakistan

My husband gave me two divorces 2 years ago and i filed the case of khula and child's expenses 1 year ago. Khula was decreed but overall case was chanllenged by my husband in higher court which holds the decision of the lower court. After some time me and my husband agreed to with draw all the cases through an agreement between us in which we have written that khula is decreed by the court but it is left on the will on the both the parites and rest all the cases are returned. Decree has not yet been submitted to Union Council. Is there any way we can re-marry? Please tell in accordance with sharia and pakistani law. One lawyer said you can go in the Union Council and revert it back. My husband is not here he is abroad so what can we do?

Asked on 6/17/13, 12:12 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

as your husband gave you divorce for two times, so you can reconcile but after entering into the new contract of marriage. It would be a new marriage with same husband and not the intervening marriage (Halala).

Khula is only one divorce which can be revoked by entering into the new contract of marriage.

For details contact at 0323-5423673 or

email at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 6/17/13, 7:45 pm

Salman Khan International Lawyer

According to Pakistani Law, Khula is revocable within 6 months of its decree... Kindly read ahadis on Khula and check whether its revocable or not... Fear Allah and don't enter into a relation of Zina please... For more do consult at [email protected]


Read more
Answered on 6/20/13, 6:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pakistan