Legal Question in Family Law in India

My husband, age 52, filed for divorce this year after 23 years of marriage. He is a Central Government employee earning almost 6.5 lakhs per annum. We have a son, age 21, and a daughter of 14 years of age. He has stopped contributing towards family expenses since February of 2013 and has not been living with us for almost eight months. I have been running a business since June of 2012 and my gross income is 65,000 (approx.) per year. My question is - Am I eligible to get maintenance for my children and myself? Is there a possibility that he can evict us from our house since the property (not inherited) is in his name.

Asked on 5/20/13, 10:36 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

dear client u can ask maintenance for yr daughter only because she is only 14 years old. for any legal help call me on 9422611385


Read more
Answered on 5/20/13, 12:07 pm
shiv shakner saini saini law

can ask for maintenance for you and daughter. not for son. he can evict you from your house which is in his name. for any free help call 09587744142

Read more
Answered on 5/20/13, 8:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India