Legal Question in Family Law in India

How can I legally change the surname of my daughter to my maiden name post my divorce with my husband on mutual terms. I have full custody of my child and do not receive any financial support from my ex-husband towards child care.

Asked on 10/07/13, 8:37 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

It is advisable to keep the fathers name till the child becomes a major and then it is upto the child whether to keep the father surname of the mother's. If you decide to change the child's surname to mothers surname then you could face a lot of difficulties due to the difference in govt records and especially with regard to the child's school records.

Read more
Answered on 10/08/13, 1:09 am

dear client apply to government department by filing a form related that. once her change publish in official gazette then u can u it. for any legal help call me on 9422611385


Read more
Answered on 10/08/13, 2:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India