Legal Question in Family Law in India

Mine was a arranged marriage and the wedding was done in temple with relatives and friends but the marriage is not yet registered.My husband is a NRI and he is living abroad and i am living in India.As we both did not know each other well before marriage and after marriage he shows no interest in me and also our marriage is not consummated and also we never lived together and he does not take me abroad.The truth is he was never cruel with me or asked for any dowry only he just ignored me and not interested in the marriage.My family spoke to lawyer and he said i should file Domestic Violence and Cruelty on him and cheating case.I recently came to know that he is no more a NRI and he got a foreign citizenship.

I have already asked the same question here but i did not get a proper response so i repeat the query with following question.

Is it possible to file any charges against him now when he is a foreign citizen and practically will it be of any use for me or its only wastage of time and money for me ? Please note the marriage is not consummated and he we are not living together and his status is still single in his country.

Asked on 6/13/13, 5:38 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

dear client if marriage not consumed and one year is not complete for marriage u can file allurement petition in family court to declare marriage as null and void. u have not put yr case properly. for proper discussion call me on 9422611385


Read more
Answered on 6/13/13, 5:56 am

KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi

I believe you are the husband and trying to know what possibly your wife can do. Your wife can file a petition under DV act. She can also lodge an fir under dowry laws and she can even get you extradited if there exists treaty between both the countries or both the countries are signatory to Hague convention.

Read more
Answered on 6/13/13, 11:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India