Legal Question in Immigration Law in United States

I already filed to have my conditional status removed its been about 3 months in and now I found out that mywifewants a divorce. What can i do about this

Asked on 5/11/15, 7:39 am

5 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

What can you do about what? Immigration? The divorce?

Read more
Answered on 5/11/15, 7:42 am
Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

I suggest you pay to confer privately with an experienced attorney at this time. Only a small subset of attorneys are knowledgeable and adept as to matters involving an interface of immigration law and divorce law (family law).

Tricia Dwyer Esq.

MN Divorce Attorneys

MN Immigration Law Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

ph 612-296-9666

Read more
Answered on 5/11/15, 7:50 am
Philip Eichorn Hammond Law Group

I agree with Attorney Dwyer. There are two issues; the process for removing conditions while a divorce is pending and the substance of case. The first deals with how to handle the I751 that is pending. The second deals with ensuring that CIS views your first marriage as one that is bona fide and not simply for an immigration benefit. This can be tricky while going through divorce proceedings. These two reasons plus others make hiring an attorney the best plan of action.

Read more
Answered on 5/11/15, 2:17 pm
Salman Khan International Lawyer

Consult [email protected]


Read more
Answered on 5/13/15, 10:48 am
Rahul Manchanda, Esq. Manchanda Law Office PLLC

Please call me at (800) 750-1828 to discuss your case and matters. Kind regards, RDM

Read more
Answered on 5/21/15, 12:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in United States