Legal Question in Intellectual Property in India

Dear Sir,

Our grandfather had taken a land on lease from Nagar Nigam for 99 years. Now he is no more and he had 2 sons, one is my father and other is my uncle they both also died in 2000 and 2005 respectively. Now my cousin brother are using this land for their business purpose. Since we all brothers worked outside and are not using this land and wants to transfer this land to someone. Now my question is

1.Can we transfer/ lease our portion (half land) to someone for commercial purpose.

2.Can that party do any construction over there. Kindly reply

Asked on 11/12/13, 10:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

At first you have to partition the land or in case of dispute with your cousin you will have to file a suit for partition and get hold of your half share then you may transfer your share in the land. after transfer the buyer may construct as per municipal bye laws. You may drop in a detailed query at [email protected]

To know us better, please click on the links below:


Read more
Answered on 11/12/13, 10:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in India