Legal Question in Intellectual Property in India

My grand father(Father's Father) was working for a Cotton mill from around 1935, at around 1954 at the time of my grandpa's marriage his boss offered a land around 1 acre, in an area which was considered to be on the outside of city at that time.

though the land was more than 1 acre, he constructed house around 8 cents of land.But had fenced for the entire property of 1 acre of land. he was paying property tax under his name from year around 1970(not sure though, but very sure from 1980).

Till 2010, under his name he was paying property tax, water bill under his name and telephone land line bill in the same address under my father's name, also gas connection was delivered to my grandfather in the same address.

apart from that my grandfather has his name in the voter's list and voter's Id with that address from 1990.

In 2010, my grandfather was around 85 and was mentally disturbed to minimal extend.that time my grandpa's boss who donated the land as gift for my grandpa's marriage, his grandson called my grandpa and got sign from him and collected the receipts of property tax from 2001 - 2010 and changed the property name to his educational trust and paid property tax till 2013 from 2011.

my aunty (my fathers sister) who works as a professor in the same trust under which the property was transferred to, was asked to come to their(boss) residence and they got her signature as an eye witness.

My grandpa passed away on Feb 1st 2013.

On Feb 20 they called my aunty(father sister) and my uncle(father brother) and gave time to vacate by 1 week of may 2013.

Please guide me in this issue.

Asked on 4/22/13, 1:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

A gift can be revoked by the donor anytime during his lifetime. But only the donor and not any of his legal heirs can revoke the gift. You should file a writ petition challenging the change of property ownership in Court.


Read more
Answered on 4/23/13, 2:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in India