Legal Question in Employment Law in India

A top MNC hired me on 7th June 2013, as an associate. I was asked to come early for about two hours, (no payment was given for extra time worked) moreover their behaviour was absolutely rude and uncooperative. They did not train me or provided feedback for the mistakes or errors I commited, while learning on my own. They used to make fun of my errors. So on 26th July I went to HR, told them about how they have been treating me and requested for a process change. HR agreed with my request, changed my process but the next process was also under the same manager. So, he manipulated the data and asked everyone to not to cooperate with me during the training period, here also they did not provide proper training to me and rather overloaded me with work, such that the other colleagues from the same team finish their work withon 4 hours but I was working till shift end, (remember this is the situation when no training was given to me. laterafter one month the same manger put me in a performance improvement plan, giving the reason that I did not perform upto the mark, they did not listen to my reasoning that how can I acheive the target without training, when it is only 1.5 month in the process. 3 Days back I was terminated from my services, reason: " I was given a second opportunity in this process, but I did not perform so I was asked to leave.

The HR and the management is asking me to resign, though I said if the company wants me to leave, then ideally I should be terminated. But they are saying they would show me as absconding. Moreover, they made me sign a 50,000 liability bond, that if I leave before a year then I will have to pay Rs 50,000. Please help and advice me, I am helpless and unemployed, nowadays.

Asked on 10/03/13, 8:15 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Setu Niket Curare Legal

You can file a suit for damages against the company and the managers.

Feel free to contact for further assistance.

Kind regards

Setu Niket



Read more
Answered on 10/03/13, 9:07 am

Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

Befor filing of a suit send them a legal notice. To know us better, please click on the links below:


Read more
Answered on 10/03/13, 10:15 pm
Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

You should stick to your job, and tell the Company straightaway that if they do not need you, they are free to terminate your services. It makes absolutely no sense in wasting even a day working in such a louzy, low cultured organization. Tell them to settle your dues on the last day of work itself and let them get lost forever. It's called "Good riddens to bad rubbish."


Read more
Answered on 10/08/13, 7:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in India