Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India

1) I was the owner of half Flat portion of the flat which is of my father's name and my both parents has been expired last 10 years ago and we are only 2 brother (Legal Heirs) left behind,and I gift the half portion of my flat to my brother on 20/11/2013 as a gift deed and prior to execution of the said deed of gift it was settled between us that he would pay of Rs. 400000/- (Rupees Four Lakhs only) to me for the same (VERBALLY), but in fact he have paid only of Rs. 2,50,000/- (Rupees Two Lakhs Fifty Thousand) only but the rest of the amount of Rs. 1,50,000/- (Rupees One Lakh Fifty Thousands) only has not been paid as yet to me .

He is not responding anything regarding the payment and remain completely silence and not responding my calls.

Also he insist to me for signature in a agreement that mention that he pay Rs 2,50000 for this flat and I have no demand on this flat on 20/11/13.

2)That apart from the above facts the original deed in respect of my another Property located some other place of 1.25 kattha has been lying in his custody since 15/03/2010 and as such you also hereby asked to handover the said original deed to me.

But he is denying the fact he is having the same.

He is giving me the photocopy of the same and telling that he is having that only but it is false.

Please let me know shall I send Legal Notice to him or any other steps will be required.

Please guide me in proper directions.

Asked on 12/16/13, 8:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys


Read more
Answered on 12/16/13, 10:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India