Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in India

I am a 31 year old female got married in this March, a guy in my Office age 25 years old became friends and took advantage of my adjustment problems with my husband in initial months. He lend me shoulder when i was emotionally broken. he proposed to mefor marriage and then he forced me to resign from the company as he didn't want anybody know about us. Later when i resigned he started forcing me not to have physical relations with my husband and to have it with him. i completely spoilt my family life and started going with him to hotels when he promised that he will marry me after a year as he need to settle down first in a year.

he kept asking for financial favours also time to time n i kept helping him as much as i could. around a month back when i insisted him to give me the assurance of the month when we would get married so that i can proceed for divorce his behaviour changed and 2 weeks back he suddenly messaged me that he spoke to his parents but they denied so he cant marry me. I feel so broken, shattered and cheated as i already am at the position where everything has spoilt. i tried convincing him make him normal but he was not ready to listen to me. now he blocked me from everywhere.

Please let me know can i file a complaint against him? What he did was completely an act of inhumanity. I just want him to get a punishment for what he did as my life is all ended now. Also his parents are also supporting him as i tried reaching them but everybody insulted me badly.

Asked on 12/06/14, 10:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions

being a married woman, it was not expected out of her to have an extra marital affair. But the boy's mistake is also there as he lured you into a promise to marry. However, this being a sensitive issue, you may consult the lawyer in person with all the details.


Adv. Rajiv

Read more
Answered on 12/08/14, 8:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in India