Legal Question in Family Law in Alabama

the law here says that a girl at age 15 is of legal conscent, but yet she screws up it's her parents butt on the line, but when it comes to her health choices she has the right to make her own, when I was 15-16 I didn't know CRAP about making such choices, that's where I looked to my parents for guidance. My daughter is 16 and buck ass wild, but according to this SCREWED up law I can't do nothing, she has a 21 year old THUG chacing after her, in my day that statuortory rape, here it's no thing, no wonder this state is made fun of....WAKE UP take responsibility of our children who's the parents!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want this law changed, the LAW says 18 their leagal age, that should also stand for medical decisions, she is in no way mentally able to make her own, and as her mom I'm suppose to sit back and let god only knows what happens to her, plz tell me how to change this, it needs to be, these kids are our future!!!

Asked on 1/14/12, 1:05 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Mari Morrison Mari Morrison, P.C.

She is not of legal age for consent. You have bad information. You do have options. You can file a beyond control at family court. If you catch the 21 year old having sex with her or know that he is you can file against him. But bottom line, you have bad information. If you need assistance in this matter, please contact me thru my web site.

Read more
Answered on 1/16/12, 6:19 am

James Coleman Murchison & Howard, LLC

Ditto. Stop listening to who ever has been giving you information on the age of consent and other such questions.

Read more
Answered on 1/16/12, 7:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Alabama