Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Alabama

my question is..if i went to an attorney and made a small payment of 1100 and have not sign the ratainer agreemet and decide to not use of their services and wish to get money refunded will i be able to get the full amount.

Asked on 11/26/10, 11:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Jensen Richard D. Jensen, Attorney at Law

Yes. Ask for the refund. In Alabama, no fees are retained by the lawyer until they have been earned. If the lawyer doesn't return the money, contact the Alabama State Bar and ask for the bar complaint forms, or go to and download them.

Read more
Answered on 12/06/10, 8:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Alabama