Legal Question in DUI Law in Alabama

Dui charges from one state to another

I have been arrested for third offense DUI in Tennessee. I was not guilty but my lawey states that I should plea bargain to a 60 day jail sentence and thirty day rehab center. I will not accept this but my lawer says if I dont the sentence will be worse. I had been planning to move to Alabama before this happened. If I can get an Alabama drivers liscense before the trial end date and move to Alabama, If I am pulled over for a speeding ticket or similar offense in Alabama will it show on the record that I skipped out of town from Tennesse before the DUI sentence was settled? Would I be sent back to Tn or will it just show any Alabama violations?

Thanks for you consideration.

Asked on 5/09/04, 7:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Randal Ford Ford Firm

Re: Dui charges from one state to another

I am forbidden by the Rules of Professional Conduct promulgated by the Alabama State Bar Association from answering a question which is in fact an attempt for legal advice on how to evade the law and become a fugitive from justice.

As a practical matter, it's your third DUI, you might as well suck it up and deal with it, whether you plead guilty or go to trial, and then start "anew" in another state after you are found not guilty or have served any sentence.

Read more
Answered on 5/09/04, 7:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Alabama