Legal Question in Family Law in Alabama

Giving up parental rights how do I go about doing so?

Asked on 6/08/12, 10:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Coleman Murchison & Howard, LLC

You must petition the Circuit Court. However, unless someone is willing to take over as a parent (an adoption etc) the court is not likely to let you off the hook so the state can support your child!

Read more
Answered on 6/08/12, 1:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Alabama