Legal Question in Immigration Law in Alabama a US citizen,my husband is an african.Last year he got a fight with one of his co-worker and he was taken to jail.I bailed him the next day.To my understanding the police wrot Domestic Violence.The co-worker did not press any changes.He has been going for the classes and he finished the class.He is about to renew his Conditional Greencard in about 2 months time.Will this affect his Greencard?is he suppose to have a lawyer when filling?am very worried.

Thank you all for your support.

Asked on 6/13/10, 5:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Luba Smal Smal Immigration Law Office

Yes, he will need to obtain certified arrest and court records and submit them with the petition to remove conditions.

Yes, there could be a problem if he was convicted for domestic violence. However, before applying, you should have the qualified lawyer to review in person or via email/phone his court records.

Note: The above response is provided for legal information purposes only and should not be considered a legal advice; it doesn�t create an attorney-client relationship. For more information or to schedule a consultation, please visit

I offer confidential telephone or email legal consultations and assist in matters of the U.S. federal immigration law to clients from all 50 States and internationally. If you�d like to schedule a telephone or email legal consultation, need legal advice or help, please let me know and I�d be glad to help you. Please email at Attorney [@] . Office Telephone line is 1-402-210-2040 (please EMAIL to schedule a consultation).

Read more
Answered on 6/13/10, 8:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Alabama