Legal Question in Immigration Law in Alabama

Legalization of status

A close friend owns a retail business and a distribution business and has been in the U.S. for over 8 years. He has 3 natural born U.S. citizen children 6, 4 and 1 yr old and recently confided that he and his wife arrived illegally 8 years ago, however they legally operate their businesses on valid tax ID numbers. They earn very well, pay tons of city, county, state and federal taxes, own properties and vehicles but yet are not legally in our country. They maintain legal residency in their home country and pay taxes and operate businesses there. They have lived as model ''citizens'' although unlawfully present. They have not announced their presence to the USICS. Is there a means for him and his wife to legalize their status in the U.S.? Should he leave the U.S. and make application in his home country?

Asked on 2/02/08, 11:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Cho Law Offices of Michael Cho

Re: Legalization of status

There may be a possibility of returning to his home country and processing for a visa there in conjunction with a waiver for his unlawful stay in the U.S.

However, this is better discussed with an immigration attorney in detail. Please feel free to contact my office via e-mail or telephone.

Read more
Answered on 2/03/08, 3:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Alabama