Legal Question in Immigration Law in Alabama

I live in Philippines,. my parents are both retired US citizen & I was petitioned in 1998 with an F1 category which is unmarried sons & daughters of US citizen. I got married in 2000 but never changed my status since then. My priority date for my petition is already active last March 2013 and we were only waiting for the NVC to send us letter to start to prepare our documents. Shall i continue to use the F1 category even if im already married or what shall we do. Please help & give us advise. Thanks :_-)

Asked on 9/03/13, 3:10 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

You are no longer eligible for the F-1 category & if you apply as such, your case will be denied. You need to notify the NVC of your marriage & you will be converted to a different category (F3).

Read more
Answered on 9/03/13, 5:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Alabama