Legal Question in Immigration Law in Alabama


I currently a F1 student working on CPT which is valid till march 2012.I already posses h1 b (having h1 and also f1 stamped in passport).Now my company where i am doing CPT is offering me to renew my h1 as am not subjected to quota and was away from usa for more than a year.

Will i get my H1 approved while on CPT?

If i go back to my home country for h1 stamping after graduation ,what would be my success rate of getting h1 stamped?

Asked on 8/18/11, 8:56 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ajay Arora Ajay K. Arora, Attorney-at-Law, P.C.


Your employer can file an H1B petition for you, and you will be granted change of status to H1B. You will not be required to depart the U.S., but if it do so for any reason, you will need to be issued H1B visa stamp by a U.S. Consulate abroad in order to enter the U.S. If you have maintained status in the U.S., the odds are good that the Consulate will issue you H1B visa stamp.

You can call our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours, or email [email protected] for guidance.

Read more
Answered on 8/18/11, 9:18 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Alabama