Legal Question in Immigration Law in Alabama

My fiance entered the United States illegally. He did not have a visa. While here he got arrested for a DUI in which he paid a fine. So, my question is: Would we be able to successfully apply and recieve a spouse visa for him? Or would the illegal entry and DUI ruin all chances for him to be here legally?

Asked on 6/10/11, 1:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Latangie Williams Law Office of Latangie Williams, P.A.

All of his chances aren't ruined. More than likely, he will need to apply for a waiver of inadmissibility. He should NOT get into anymore trouble though. Should you need assistance, please contact my office at 904-576-2581 or email me at [email protected].

Read more
Answered on 6/10/11, 4:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Alabama