Legal Question in Immigration Law in Alabama

i recently married after getting wife here on fiance visa, things are not working out well, i dont want her to have to leave the states, is it posable for her to remarrie, or would i have to stay married till she gets perm. status?

Asked on 7/16/10, 12:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Luba Smal Smal Immigration Law Office

No, it's not possible for her to stay in America, to remarry to someone else, etc -- unless you petition (and sponsor) her for permanent residency (green card), and she obtains her residency. She came to USA on a very specific visa, a Fiancee visa. This particular visa requires her to either marry and obtain permanent resident status through a bona fide marriage to a petitioner, or return to her home country.

Note: The above response is provided for legal information purposes only and should not be considered a legal advice; it doesn�t create an attorney-client relationship. For more information or to schedule a consultation, please visit

If you would like to request a confidential legal advice or schedule telephone or email consultation regarding your specific situation, please email me directly at Attorney @ . Office Telephone line is 1-402-210-2040 (please EMAIL first to schedule a consultation appointment). I am an immigration attorney and work with clients from all States and globally. More information at

Read more
Answered on 7/16/10, 7:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Alabama