Legal Question in Immigration Law in Alabama

Hallo,my husband is a US citizen,he filed for my son who is in Africa 2008.He was approved and later he went to the Embassy(Africa),after proving with all the right documents(bills,bank statements,lease,etc)he was Denied.He is only 9 years old.The Embassy claim that our marrige is for Immagirations purposes.My Husband called the Embassy several times but in vain,No help at all.They said that they have returned the Case to the USA but upto this date,we have not heard or received anything.My husband called the Uscis several times but they tell him.the Embassy has'nt returned yet since Sep 2008.My husband and I were thinking if I Can file for My Son this time.I have a Green Card for 10 years.He leaves with my mum and she is ailing.She is the only person I can trust.And now she can not be able to take care of him.Should I file for My Son now or should I wait for my Citizenship?.And if I File for him right now,How long will it take?Please help.

Asked on 6/14/10, 7:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Luba Smal Smal Immigration Law Office

Sorry to hear about this situation.

Yes, as a permanent resident, you can file for your 9-year old son now.

If you need legal assistance, please email me.

Note: The above response is provided for legal information purposes only and should not be considered a legal advice; it doesn�t create an attorney-client relationship. For more information or to schedule a consultation, please visit

I offer confidential telephone or email legal consultations and assist in matters of the U.S. federal immigration law to clients from all 50 States and internationally. If you�d like to schedule a telephone or email legal consultation, need legal advice or help, please let me know and I�d be glad to help you. Please email at Attorney [@] . Office Telephone line is 1-402-210-2040 (please EMAIL to schedule a consultation).

Read more
Answered on 6/14/10, 10:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Alabama