Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in Alabama

I am an adult, 28yrs old who fell in love with a 15yrs old US citizen boy on the internet. We became a couple. We had exchange sensual pictures to each other, most of it I sent mine because he requested and I stupidly tolerated it. His parents found out about it and wanted to file charges against me in spite of our apologies. I am not in the US and is not a citizen there. Will I be jailed or what will I face if they happen to go to the police?

Asked on 7/02/17, 6:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Randal Ford Ford Firm

If you live in another country that does not have an extradition treaty with the US and are not physically in the US then you probably don't have any problem. I would think most police agencies are not going to make the effort of trying to arrest someone who lives in another country. If the "parents" have started asking for money then it's probably a scam. Last advice: Get off the internet, quit emailing nude photos to children, and find an adult your own age in your own country.

Read more
Answered on 7/02/17, 7:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in Alabama