Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Alabama

My daughter passed 3 years ago and just 9 days ago her husband remarried and then he passed after only being married 9 days. During the 9 days he changed his beneficiary to the new wife only. I have filed and received custody of their 2 children. Can I freeze his assest and possibly have the marriage annuled? Is there a grace period for marriage and benefits? I just want these 2 children to get at least half of what she is receiving. 9 days does not make a life time.

Asked on 4/28/14, 10:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dean Stein Harville-Stein Law Offices, LLC

This question is too much for any brief answer. You will need a good probate attorney, and sooner than later. Hopefully, other assets exist as well, that the children can share in, and perhaps the funds can be used to "buy them out" of those assets (ie;, car, home). Email direct if you would like to discuss.

Read more
Answered on 4/28/14, 10:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Alabama