Legal Question in Family Law in Alaska

My son is 6 and we live in Alaska. His father (never married) lives in Tennessee and hasn't even tried to contact him since he was 1. He's never sent any kind of presents or child support either. Is there a way I can terminate his parental rights and if so what steps should I take?

Asked on 8/18/16, 10:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terrence Thorgaard Thorgaard Law Firm

Termination of parental rights is only allowed, under these circumstances, if you're married and your husband desires to adopt the child. I'm wondering why you believe it would be helpful to terminate the father's rights, since he has not even tried to contact the child for the past 5 years.

Read more
Answered on 8/19/16, 4:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Alaska