Legal Question in Business Law in Arizona

Took Harley to dealer for some work. Non warranty work. Dealership had equipment failure and drooped motorcycle doing thousands of dollars of damage to bike. They are in agreement they will fix but are in disagreement to rent me either another bike or car. The motor cycle is my primary way of getting around. Do they have responsibility for a rental... they say no

Asked on 5/14/15, 4:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Studnicki Studnicki Law Firm, P.C.

Under AZ law, if someone is negligent and damages a vehicle (including a motorcycle), potential damages include cost or repair, loss of use and, if applicable, lowered resale value. These are separate items, and one or two or all three may be applicable, depending on the circumstances.

The problem is the practical difficulty. You can ask them to cover it and, if they refuse, you have to sue. One option is to wait until you get your bike back and then file a lawsuit in small claims court. Then you'd have to decide whether you'd ever go back to them to work on your bike.

Be well.


I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is general information that is given for legal education only. It is not legal advice, and it may not work for your specific situation. I strongly advise you to consult with a local lawyer to get legal advice and help with your specific situation.

Read more
Answered on 5/14/15, 6:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Arizona