Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Arizona

cease and desist letter

I have lost my income and must stop paying my credit card debt. Should I send cease and desist letters to the companies?

Asked on 3/18/09, 12:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joshua Swigart Hyde & Swigart

Re: cease and desist letter

You can. Under the Rosenthal Act you can tell the creditor that you refuse to pay the bill and to stop contacting you. You need to do this in writing. They can then turn it over to a collection agency, file suit against you, or stop collecting.

Read more
Answered on 3/18/09, 12:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Arizona