Legal Question in Criminal Law in Arizona

I do not have 50,000.00 for a writ of habeas attorney. My question is do all grounds have to appear in state court before a writ in federal court?

Asked on 8/12/13, 5:20 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brian Strickman Strickman Law Office, PLLC

If you are filing under federal grounds you may file with the Federal District Court. If you are serving or will be serving a state sentence, this should be the form for you. Since I do no know the details of your case, I cannot guaranty that this is the correct form.$FILE/2254-instructions-form.pdf

Please read the instructions carefully. Also there may be pro-bono attorneys available, and there are probably attorneys who can work on your case for less than $50,000.00.

Read more
Answered on 8/12/13, 5:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Arizona