Legal Question in Elder Law in Arizona

What are the steps necessary to gain access to my ailing mother's personal effect, from an uncooperative family member. I have legal and durable power of attorney.

Asked on 4/19/13, 10:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Donald Scher Donald T. Scher & Associates, P.C.

If you have a durable general or financial power of attorney, which provides for you to gather up and protect her assets, including personal property, then you have legal authority to demand possession of those items from the family member. If they refuse, you should file an action in the probate division of the superior court to gain the possession of those items.

Read more
Answered on 4/19/13, 12:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Arizona