Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

age a child can choose what parent to live with i live in WA he lives in AZ

Asked on 1/31/12, 6:57 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Stewart Law Offices of Scott David Stewart

There is no set age. The older the child the more the judge is likely to hear their voice.

Read more
Answered on 2/02/12, 6:12 pm
Rich Peters R.J. Peters & Assoc., P.C.

Arizxona Judge must consider the desires of the child, but this is only one factor of many. The maturity of the child and the bases that he provides to explain his preference will affect the weight a Judge would give to his desires.

We can certainly help you consider and then pursue your options.

One of our attorneys can explain the issues and procedures better in person. As you can imagine, there is too much to cover via email. We offer free 1/2 hour consultations, in which we can discuss your matter in detail.

Please call us directly to discuss the specifics of your matter, or contact my assistant Alicia or my paralegal Jennifer to schedule your free 1/2 hour consultation.

/s/ Rich J. Peters

R.J. Peters & Assoc., P.C.

1422 North 2nd Street, Suite 100

Phoenix, Arizona 85004


facsimile 602-254-1229

see our website at

Read more
Answered on 2/23/12, 8:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona