Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

In Arizona. I am trying to help a homeless woman who has a 13 month old child. She is currently in the hospital. I need to know what forms, power of attorney, etc. That would be required for me to make medical decisions, privacy (to ban an abusive person from visiting in hospital) child welfare, order of protection/restraining order. Basically I need to help her escape from a very abusive, controlling, manipulative ex boyfriend, who is not the father of the baby.

I basically need to have complete control until I get her somewhere safe. She agrees and is willing to have this done. We need it done ASAP, so if I could download the paperwork to take to the hospital, that would be the most helpful.

I am not a blood relative. Just trying to help someone the system has failed.

Asked on 6/15/13, 8:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Carlie Owsley Walker The Owsley Law Firm, PLLC

I believe a guardianship could accomplish your stated goal. If mother is willing to grant you guardianship, it is a relatively simple process. I would however need more on formation regarding the child's father. We offer free consultations for up to 30 minutes. Feel free to schedule if you need further assistance. 623-748-8973

Read more
Answered on 6/16/13, 11:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona