Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

Ex-gf's bf is abusive to my son

My ex-girlfriend, who is the mother of my son, has a boyfriend has abused my son. I want to get temporary custody of my son until either the boyfriend is out of her life or until i feel that he is not in danger by being with his mother. We have joint custody now but I don't feel that he is safe around the boyfriend. Can I file for temporary custody and where can I?

Asked on 9/05/03, 8:53 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Re: Ex-gf's bf is abusive to my son

Yes you can file for temp custody. However if the child is in danger you may want to call CPS. Good Luck

Read more
Answered on 9/08/03, 11:03 am
Kathy M O'Quinn O'QUINN LAW, P.C.

Re: Ex-gf's bf is abusive to my son

Yes, there are circumstances when the court will award temporary custody on an emergency basis when a child is in a dangerous situation. You are able to file this petition in the superior court of the county in which you live. There are many form banks on the internet, but you should try to find one for your specific county. However, the issues raised appear to be serious, and the matter may best be handled by an attorney in your area.

Read more
Answered on 9/06/03, 10:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona