Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

If I filed a foreign judgment to move my parenting time and child support to Arizona from Illinois because both of us reside here in Arizona and she has currently been served with the paperworks. I have been paying her child support directly per our arrangement in Illinois where our case resides. Should I keep paying until our hearing here in Arizona or hold off until we go to our hearing and pay the support through the court system here in Arizona. Please advise

Asked on 8/22/13, 1:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Carlie Owsley Walker The Owsley Law Firm, PLLC

I recommend you continue to meet your support obligation in Illinois because you do not want to create an issue with the department of economic securitie's counterpart in Illinois. If you have any more questions regarding your case, please contact The Owsley Law Firm, PLLC for a free thirty minute consultation. (623)-748-8973.

Read more
Answered on 8/23/13, 8:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona