Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Arizona

My dad passed away and I am estate representative. The vehicle at his home has only his late wife’s name, she is not my mother, she passed a year ago. There is a Lien on vehicle. I don’t want to assume payments. Not interested in keeping car. Do I need to list on my dads estate documents. Can I just give back to company. I tried asking about car from documents I found when going through papers and sent my court docs to them but they said they can not discuss with me as my dads name was not on it. What to do?

Asked on 8/27/23, 10:26 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your dad.

That's tough all right. Are you sure this is your problem? If the car is not in your father's name, and the loan is not in his name, seems to me this is the bank's problem, not yours. Of course this should have been handled by the administrator of your dad's wife's estate. When my mother died Volkswagen Credit refused to take her almost new leased car back. My brother drove it to the dealership, gave the keys to one of the salesman, and took an Uber home. We never heard from Volkswagen again.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 8/31/23, 10:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Arizona