Legal Question in Legal Ethics in Arkansas

Attorney gives up law practice

The attorney that we hired for our son has suddenly given up his law practice and is unable to be contacted. We are on a time limit as for as my son's case is concerned. How can I get all the files that we need? What are our rights in this situation? Does this affect the case because the lawyer quit?

Asked on 5/15/01, 12:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Aspinwall Charles S. Aspinwall, J.D., LLC

Re: Attorney gives up law practice

(1) Retain another lawyer for your son immediately;

(2) Enlist his help and follow his advice in getting your files;

(3) Don't hesitate to call the bar association for assistance if things don't work out easily.

Read more
Answered on 6/22/01, 11:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility questions and answers in Arkansas